1st Annual Turtle Trot
August 1 - September 7$10.00
BE A TURTLE TROTTER!
Welcome to The Crest at Willow-Witt Turtle Trot
Come join our 1st Annual 5k trail adventure race, Turtle Trot 2020, a fundraiser for The Crest, our place-based educational organization at Willow-Witt Ranch. Funds support outdoor education programs, classes and field trips for students from surrounding school districts.
Turtle Trot trail crew going strong!
East meets west – trail crew bosses Jarret and Nancy
This 445-acre property is home to the highest elevation breeding population of Western Pond Turtles. The ruggedly beautiful 5k course is designed for hikers and adventure runners in mind. It takes you through the rolling hills of the lower Cascades (complete with rocks to keep an eye out for), around wetlands (could be soggy even in August) and meadows filled with wildflowers, past the old homestead and over a few seasonal creeks — all the obstacles a Western Pond Turtle must navigate living at this elevation. See trail map.
This special population of turtles is the current focus of our curriculum, connecting the efforts of the turtles to survive with the climate change issues we also face — and the impacts on our own food and water — right in our own backyard.
Trail crew member Alex
Rockin’ Trail Boss Nancy
Dates & Times
August 1 – September 7, 2020.
Trail is open from 6am to 8pm each day.
$10 per registrant, per run. It’s a fundraiser, so run often! Beat your time, their time, just for fun, just do it often.
No fee for ages under 12 and over 70, but it is a fundraiser, so donations are encouraged! You may donate by purchasing raffle tickets below.
*All proceeds go to The Crest at Willow-Witt, a 501(c)(3)nonprofit organization, and are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. You will receive a donation acknowledgment letter for your contribution.
Turtle Trot Trail Race Swag
Turtle Trot T-shirts
Turtle Trot 2020 T-shirts are available for purchase for $20 each. T-shirts are 100% certified organic, fair trade cotton, long sleeve, with our 1st Annual Turtle Trot 2020 logo. Coolest shirt ever. It’s a fundraiser, buy two! Pick up your shirt at the Willow-Witt Ranch Farm Store when signing in for your trail run. Shirts are held on the honor system with your name.
What’s a fundraiser without a raffle? We have it! When you register, add just $1 per raffle ticket. You will want lots of chances to win every prize we offer:
- 2 NIGHTS IN A FURNISHED 4-PERSON WALL TENT ($375 value)
These tents offer the ultimate in comfort with superb mattresses, luxurious bedding, private decks, sweet dreams… Get details
- PACK GOAT HIKE FOR 6 ($200 value)
Take a 4-hour day hike with our pack goats, and enjoy lunch with special vistas, informational guides and adorable goats. Get details
- TURTLE TROT 2020 T-SHIRT ($20 value)
Five lucky winners! Coolest shirt ever, remember? It’s a fundraiser so buy lots of raffle tickets.
COVID-19 Safe Race
Safety first — so we designed this race to be run at your own pace! This race is COVID-19 Safe and completely self-supported.
- Masks are required for anyone 5 and older in all public spaces, but not on the trail if no one is near.
- Runners sign in and are spaced in 15-minute intervals so runners are not on the trail at the same time.
- No groups larger than 4 people at any time.
- Register to run online, run when you want, record your time, and do it again! Our registration process and tracking are online. And, you can be ready for race day on your best day.
- Register and run the course from 6am to 8pm, any day between August 1 – September 7, 2020.
- Enter as many times as you wish, it is a fundraiser and we encourage this! Beat your own time, beat your friends’ times, run/walk it with the family, your Mom, and then do it again.
- As a self-supported race, you will carry your own water and record your own times.
- Track your time please. We suggest any of the following apps: Strava, Avenza, Gaia or your favorite app. Your registration confirmation email will include a link to record your race results on our website. Please enter the date, your time, indicate which app you are using, and also save your race time on your app. We would like to be able to confirm times in case of a tie. Individuals whose times cannot be confirmed will not be eligible for prizes.
Trail crew member Lety on duty
Trail crew member Jim in meadow trail
The Crest board members Jim and Nancy
Fill out the registration form below and you will receive a confirmation email with detailed instructions on everything Turtle Trot 2020!
The Turtle Trot is self supported and run entirely at your own risk. You accept responsibility and liability for yourself and any minors who may accompany you.
We thank you for your interest and support of The Crest at Willow-Witt!