THE CREST AT WILLOW-WITT
PARENTAL CONSENT AGREEMENT
This Release and Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) is executed on the date indicated below, by a minor (or minor volunteer) whose name is indicated below (“Minor”) and his/her parent or legal guardian whose name is indicated below (“Guardian”) in favor of THE CREST AT WILLOW-WITT, the State of Oregon, and both of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, shareholder, affiliates and assigns (collectively, “THE CREST AT WILLOW-WITT”).The minor desires to participate in activities (to work as a volunteer) at THE CREST AT WILLOW-WITT and engage in the activities related to being a participant (volunteer on a work project) at THE CREST AT WILLOW-WITT. In consideration for participating, both Minor and Guardian hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, execute this Release under the following terms:
- Guardian Status. By my signature below, I attest that I am the parent or legal guardian of the Minor named in this Waiver and Release, and that I have the authority to execute this Waiver and Release on behalf of the Minor.
- Waiver and Release. The Guardian and Minor each release and forever discharge and hold harmless THE CREST AT WILLOW-WITT and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the Minor’s work/time at THE CREST AT WILLOW-WITT. The Guardian and Minor each understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges The Crest at Willow-Witt from any liability or claim that Guardian and Minor may have against The Crest at Willow-Witt with respect of bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from activities at The Crest at Willow-Witt camps/worksite. It is also understood that The Crest at Willow-Witt does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance to the Minor, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
- Insurance. The Guardian and Minor each understand that we expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of The Crest at Willow-Witt beyond what may be offered voluntarily and freely by the representative of The Crest at Willow-Witt, in its sole discretion in the event of such injury or medical expense.
- Medical Treatment. The Guardian and Minor each hereby release and forever discharge The Crest at Willow-Witt from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during the Minor’s time at The Crest at Willow-Witt.
- Assumption of Risk and Indemnification. The Guardian and Minor each understand that the Minor’s time with The Crest at Willow-Witt may include activities that may be hazardous to the Minor including, but not limited to, construction activities, loading and unloading of materials and local transportation to and from activities/work sites. We recognize and understand the Minor’s activities at The Crest at Willow-Witt may, in some situations, involve activities which can pose risk of harm or injury to the Minor. As the Guardian for the said Minor, I, and the Minor also hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release The Crest at Willow-Witt from all liability for injury, illness, death or property damage resulting from the Minor’s activities or the Minor’s time at The Crest at Willow-Witt. Guardian and Minor agree that if anyone makes a claim against The Crest at Willow-Witt on behalf of Guardian or Minor, that Guardian and Minor agree to indemnify, save and hold harmless The Crest at Willow-Witt from any claim, including without limitation, loss, liability, damage or cost which may occur as a result of any such claim.
- Photographic Release. As the Guardian of said Minor, I, and the Minor each grant and convey unto The Crest at Willow-Witt all right, title, and interest in all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by The Crest at Willow-Witt during the Minor’s time with The Crest at Willow-Witt. If I have previously withheld right, title, and interest in all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by The Crest at Willow-Witt of the subject Minor, that will override this permission. The Crest at Willow-Witt will honor that requirement while the rest of this document remains in force.
- Behavior. As the Guardian of said Minor, I, and the Minor each understand that the Minor’s behavior at The Crest at Willow-Witt must comply with all rules and regulations of the State of Oregon and The Crest at Willow-Witt.
- Other. The Guardian and the Minor each expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the State of Oregon and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provision of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
COVID-19 ASSUMPTION OF RISK
As the Guardian of said Minor, I, and the Minor acknowledge the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and that the CDC and many other public health authorities recommend practicing social distancing and face coverings.
As the Guardian of said Minor, I, and the Minor further acknowledge that The Crest at Willow-Witt has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
As the Guardian of said Minor, I, and the Minor further acknowledge that The Crest at Willow-Witt cannot guarantee that I or the Minor will not become infected with the Coronavirus/Covid-19. The Minor and I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others.
As the Guardian of said Minor, I, and the Minor voluntarily attend events hosted by The Crest at WIllow-Witt and acknowledge that the Minor may be increasing their risk of exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19. The Minor acknowledges that they must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while attending any volunteer work parties.
As the Guardian of said Minor, I, and the Minor attest that:
- The Minor is not experiencing any symptoms of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- The Minor has not traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
- The Minor has not traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days.
- The Minor does not believe they have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- The Minor has not received a positive test for Coronavirus/Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
- The Minor is following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting their exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
THIS IS A VOLUNTARY RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS BY YOU. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING.
I have read this Release, Waiver of Liability, Indemnity Agreement, Parental/Guardian Consent Agreement and COVID-19 Assumption of Risk Agreement, and understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and voluntarily.